4 Jan 2011

Time to get my arse into gear...

I know it is a major cliché but my New Year's resolution is to get fit!
 (Image from google)
I've actually been trying to get fit for a while now, trying to go to the gym regularly before the Christmas period snuck up on me! It was actually in November that I stopped going to the gym regularly (actually I only went once in November and not at all in December - tut tut.) But before that I was going at least a couple of times a week.
Now all the partying is over and there is no excuse to eat loads of crap, it is time for me to get myself back on track. 
This is a GET FIT resolution rather than a LOSE WEIGHT resolution.

GOALS:
1 - FIRM UP.  
I don't have a set amount of weight that I want to lose because that's not what I am aiming for. I don't think I'm particularly over weight - just a bit more wobbly in places than I would like to be so my main goal is to tone and firm up. Unfortunately running through my family is a gene that gives us all quite large bums — we've learned to except it but my bum, stomach and arms are the main areas I want to firm.
2 - START RUNNING. 
I hate running. 'Why do you want to start then?' I hear you say? I want to love running. I love thinking about running but when I actually try to do it I'm not very good which puts me off. My legs can do it but my lungs can't handle running which brings me onto...
3 - INCREASE LUNG CAPACITY.
I need to be able to breathe better when I exercise. I get out of breath way too fast when I am doing cardio and I think the only way to increase your lung capacity is to do more cardio so that is what I want to work on.
ULTIMATE GOAL - TO FEEL CONFIDENT IN A BIKINI BY THE SUMMER!
I have been saying this for many many years but the above-mentioned big bum always gets in my way. 


I always fall at the first hurdle but this time I am determined to work harder at the gym and keep the good work up. I'm hoping blogging about it will encourage me to keep working hard at it too, so any encouragement, advice or tips you lovely people can give me would be much appreciated!!

Here's my stats as of today (incase you want to know) : 
Weight - 9st 8 lb (60.8kg)
Height - 5' 3.4" (1.61m)
Body Mass Index - 23.5 ( Ideal BMI should be between 18.5 and 25)
Body Fat % - 26.9% (good is 25.7% and excellent is 20.9% so I've got a bit to work on!)

Off to the gym to do some sweating.......
Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love, leave a message....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...