25 Nov 2010

All I want for Christmas is....

you? Maybe not, but a couple of things I would quite like to see in my stocking this year are....

Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat — anyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed with trying to cover up the dark circles under my eyes but sadly to no avail as yet! (I have a makeup bag full of various concealers that are no good) but this is the best I have found so far. Because it is a highlighter as well as a concealer, it reflects light off the skin making dark rings not so obvious!
Unfortunately, at around £20 each, my pay packet does not stretch far enough for me to buy a new one as soon as the old one has run out (I would probably get through two a month but as I said - I'm obsessive).
So I'm hoping someone (namely my mum) will buy me one from the duty free when she goes on holiday next week!

As a compulsive shoe/boot buyer, I also really want these boots from Next...

(They're lighter than this in real life and really comfy - I have been in and tried them on), unfortunately again they are quite expensive — £80 to be exact. Not bad for real leather boots but I can't justify buying them myself seeing as I just spent almost that much on a pair of these RocketDog boots which I am living in at the moment!


Other than that I can't really think of anything else I want for Christmas except lots of champagne and lots of FOOD!

If you are stuck for ideas on what to get people for Christmas this year, my friend Joanne is a brilliant artist and will paint black and white portraits from photographs (She is currently doing a painting of my brother and his girlfriend for me that I will give them as an xmas pressie!)
She painted one of me and the boyfriend as our moving in present, take a look....

I think this looks scarily like me (except as you can probably tell I was dressed as Marilyn Monroe at the time)
To see more examples of her work or to get in touch with her visit her website www.joharrisportraits.co.uk
Lots of love xx

3 comments:

  1. hey, defo agree on the Touche Eclat - nothing is as good, i have tried so many 'wannabes' but they are just not the same. Fingers crossed you find one in your stocking!
    Your friend is a super artist, your pic looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily my mum has already said she would buy me one! yay! Thank you for following me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh this picture is fab :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, leave a message....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...